Asianleo
I've been meaning to give the Round Rock Farmers' Market a try since it's opening. Let's say I didn't miss anything. I made it out there this morning a little after 10 (they open at 8). They're located in a parking garage (nice for when the weather is bad). However, there were less than a dozen farmers/artisans present - literally. Now, maybe the others sold out early and left. But I seriously doubt it. It was sad.

So, since I was craving some peaches and wanting to pick up some veggies, I headed over to Sunset Valley's Farmers' Market. They always have something. I got myself a basket of small peaches, some huge white mushrooms, a couple of zucchinis, a loaf of bread, and a strawberry napaleon for dessert. I also got myself some Gulf shrimp to go with the Persian limes I bought the other day. The limes were from Costco and were an impulse buy. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with the limes, but they looked good when I saw them. When I saw the shrimp I realized I could make myself some tequila lime shrimp. Now I only need to figure out what to do with the other dozen limes in the bag.

I also have all the vegetables from my Greenling order to deal with. I ended up with a spaghetti squash - I'm guessing to make up for the missing sweet peppers. I've never had spaghetti squash. I also have an acorn squash from a previous delivery. What should I do with them? All the receipes I see call for roasting/baking them. I'm not sure if I even like squash.

The jalapenos in the Greenling order were beautiful looking. I can't wait to use them. I already ate the figs - yummy. I wish I had bought some more while I was at the farmers' market this morning. The heirloom tomatoes were really small - slightly smaller than romas. Are they suppose to be that way?
Labels: | edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment