Asianleo
In an attempt to use the blueberries I got in my Greenling box last week, I decided to make some blueberry muffins for the guys at work. I remember now why I rarely bake.

I used a recipe from Food & Wine: Blueberry Muffins with Crumb Topping that seemed easy enough. However, baking requires that you follow ALL of the directions. The muffins came out fine. It was the nice crumb topping that I messed up on. I had neglected to combine the dry ingredients prior to putting in the melted butter to form the crumbs. I realized this as I was pouring in the melted butter. So, yes, there were bites of non-sweet crumb and/or salty pieces on top of the delicious muffins. In my defense, I did all this early this morning before getting ready for work. Who's coherent at that time of day? And the recipe says it makes 18 muffins. I'm guessing they used a small muffin tin, because I only had enough batter for 6 muffins using my large muffin tin. I think I'll add more sugar to the muffins next time - it was good, but not as sweet as I wanted it.
Labels: , | edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment