Asianleo

My sister got me tickets to the musical Wicked for my birthday (which isn't until next week but the show just arrived in town). I haven't read any of the books from this series, but I thought the premise was quite interesting - basically expanding on the Wizard of Oz story and providing the Wicked Witch's point of view.

My sister said the musical deviated a bit from the book, but we both enjoyed it a lot. This was the first time I'd been in Bass Concert Hall since it was renovated. The sound really is better; I think it has more levels now, and they've added a cafe on the 2nd floor. On the 5th floor is a bar for members only. I think they get a drink ticket to use at this special bar.

Marcie Dodd was wonderful as Elphaba a.k.a. the Wicked Witch. Helene Yorke was amazing as Glinda (and I loved her shoes in the school scene). The set was amazing, and I loved the "bubble" that Glinda traveled in. Choreography was quite entertaining. I definitely recommend checking this show out if it comes through your town.
0 Responses

Post a Comment