Asianleo
I think I'm going to give Greenling's Local Box another try this week - even though I swore to myself that I wouldn't order another one after letting most of the produce go to waste last time. But this week's box has usuable items, and if I plan accordingly (and cook instead of going out to eat) I can use at least the majority of this box. Right?

This week's local box contains:
  • Blueberries - I don't think I like blueberries, but I'm fine with them in a muffin. So, I think I'll make a batch of them for the office.

  • Purple Hull Peas - I don't like peas. I understand these are similar to black-eyed peas, which I also don't like. However, if I can't pass these off to someone maybe I'll cook them and let the guys at the office do their thing - devour everything in sight.

  • Beefsteak/Heirloom Tomatoes - I've never had an heirloom tomato. I'm looking forward to trying one.

  • Mixed Sweet Peppers

  • Figs

  • Red Potatoes - Roasted red potatoes - easy and tasty. They'll go nicely with some pork chops garnished with pico de gallo.

  • Cucumbers - Cucumber Salad.

  • Sweet Onion

  • Basil - Hmm, pesto for pasta?

  • Jalapenos - I think I'll make pico de gallo (with the sweet peppers and sweet onion from the box) if I get some heirloom tomatoes.

  • Peaches - I love peaches.
Too bad I have to wait until next Friday for this box. I'm hungry now.
Labels: | edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment