Asianleo
It seems that boy bands can still sell tickets. My sister was working on the New Kids on the Block (a.k.a. NKOTB) Full Service tour and got us tickets to see the final show of the tour. The winners of "America's Best Dance Crew", Jabbawockeez, was the opening act. I hadn't seen them perform before, and I thought they were a good opening act - they got the crowd revved up for the main act. NKOTB also incorporated them into the show for one of their numbers.

NKOTB's show was decent. They were entertaining and the show had a lot of pop - I especially liked the pyrotechnics. I wasn't as thrilled on the re-mixes of older songs, and I only recognized about half of the songs they played. The fans loved the guys.

Since it was the last show, the band talked about the outpouring of support they had received from the fans and how much they appreciated it. The crowd around us, made up of mostly females young and old, were crying or sobbing during this. (My sister pointed out that the crowd is so heavily populated by females that they converted some of the restrooms at the venue from Men's restrooms to Women's restrooms.) It's amazing how dedicated some of the fans are - I can't imagine spending hundreds of dollars to travel not once but twice (or more) overseas just to see a band perform (as one of NKOTB's super fans had done). It was fun though, and all of the guys were really nice and friendly.
Labels: | edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment