Asianleo
I don't usually watch the Super Bowl - for the game or the commercials (unless the Cowboys are playing but that was almost 18 years ago). However, this year a friend was hosting a Super Bowl watching party I had to attend. He's been wanting to host a big party and his wife finally agreed to let him throw it. He got Uchiko and P.Terry's to cater the event, had a big outdoor screen brought in by Alamo Drafthouse's Rolling Roadshow, and had a snow hill for the kids to sled down. Who's going to say no?

Caters waiting to take out trays of sushi from Uchiko


There was also face painting for the kids and a snack bar of popcorn, goldfish, and pretzels  And for dessert there were fresh doughnuts with a choice of toppings: powdered sugar, chocolate, and sugar cinnamon.


And it's not a football game without cheerleaders.


Of course, the commercials are now a big part of the show. My favorite was Budweiser's Clydesdales: Brotherhood. Totally made me tear up.

Here's a link  from Huffingtonpost of all the commercials that aired during the Super Bowl. I did not enjoy the GoDaddy commercial (eww...the sounds; also awkward with kids around), but I did laugh out loud at the end of the Jack in the Box one. And if you're interested in seeing the movie trailers that aired during the Super Bowl check out Screenrant.

The party also allowed my friend to help out one of his and his wife's favorite charities. Everyone brought a children's book that would be donated to The Dell Children's Trust and A Community for Education. I donated one of my favorites, Amelia Bedelia by Peggy Parish.

I have to say it's going to be hard for any other Super Bowl party after this to top this party.
Labels: | edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment