Asianleo

My CSA box this week.
  • carrots - I think I'm going to use these along with the oranges we get in an Orange and Carrot soup recipe I found on-line that sounded intriguing. The rest I'll use in a batch of carrot cake/cupcakes. Hopefully, that should help me use up all the delicious (but bountiful) carrots we've received.
  • turnips - Baby Turnip Slaw
  • kale
  • mixed lettuce - I'm going to use the lettuce in the chicken salad sandwiches I have planned for my work week lunch.
  • radishes - Instead of using these in a salad, I'm going to try braising them and tossing them in with some green beans.
  • broccoli florets - I'll probably use it in a beef stir fry.
  • green garlic
  • scallions
  • grapefruit - The previous ones were juicy and sweet. Hope these are the same.
  • oranges

It also contained cabbage.

I also got my first kohlrabi, which (according to Wikipedia) is suppose to have the same texture and taste as broccoli stem or cabbage heart.  I love broccoli and cabbage, so I hope this is true. I'm thinking of using these in a Kohlrabi Curry recipe I found on-line.
0 Responses

Post a Comment