Asianleo
Ever try hearts of palm? It sounds strange, but I've discovered it's actually quite tasty. My contribution for tonight's supper club gathering is an ensalada palmito (hearts of palm salad) and mixed fruit. I did find the hearts of palm (usually found in the canned state here in the states from Costa Rica or Hawaii) at Whole Foods. It's the color of artichoke heart, soft, and a bit refreshing. It seemed a little bit salty and reminded me of bamboo shoots. It's the core of a certain palm tree, and mostly used in salads.

I'm not sure how the salad will turn out though - no dressing goes with it (unless I wanted to use the optional receipe ingredient: mayo - which seems a bit strange to me even though it would be similar to ranch dresssing). The salad is pretty simple to make - lettuce, hearts of palm, spritz of lime, and salt and pepper to taste. I cheated on the fruit mix. I bought pre-cut fruit (papaya, pineapple, watermelon, and cantaloupe). Cost a bit more, but it saved me the hassel and mess of cutting it up myself.
Labels: , | edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment